Cage-free poultry farming has gained popularity recently in America, Europe, and other continents. Chickens are not caged during the breeding process in cage-free chicken farming. Contrary to caged chicken farming, cage-free poultry is raised in a space with bedding where the birds can engage in a variety of behaviors like feeding, drinking, laying eggs, and mating.
Advantages of Cage-Free Chicken Farming
Cage-free chicken farming are suitable for the farming of all kinds of chickens. The biggest advantage of cage-free chicken farming is that the chickens have more free space instead of being locked in a cage with limited space.
- For broiler farming, the amount of activity of chickens raised without cages increases, which is more conducive to the development of legs, and the meat quality is also more delicious.
- For laying hen farming, the living environment of cage-free chickens is more relaxed, the chickens are less stressed, and the quality of eggs is higher.
- For chick farming, cage-free chickens have a wider range of activities, which is more beneficial to the growth and development of chicks. Less prone to weak, underweight and stunted birds.
- For breeding chickens, cage-free chickens give chickens a more comfortable living environment and achieve animal welfare. Breeders can mate in a more relaxed atmosphere, thereby stably exerting their genetic potential.
Fully Automatic Cage-Free Chicken Farm Solution
The use of large-scale cage-free chicken farming is common in American and European nations. AGICO introduces a completely automated system for cage-free chicken farm solution. From farm planning to chicken house design to equipment supply, advice on equipment installation, and after-sales support, we will offer you a range of complete services.
Our completely automatic cage-free chicken farm solution will be your best option if you want to create your own cage-free chicken farm business. You only need to provide us with information about your farm's size, investment level, anticipated breeding volume, etc., and we will create a fully automatic cage-free chicken farm solution specifically for you. Our skilled design and technical staff will provide you with services that are higher quality and more professional.
Design the layout of each functional module of the farm according to the requirements. The distribution of farm chicken houses and the design of equipment distribution and wiring in chicken houses.
According to the design of the scheme, design and produce related farm breeding equipment. Including automatic drinking water system, automatic feeding system, automatic egg collection system, automatic manure cleaning system, etc.
Until your team successfully installs the equipment, we provide you a free, 24-hour, experienced online technical assistance service.
You can get in touch with us whenever you have questions concerning the farming equipment, and we'll give you any necessary technical assistance as well as other after-sales services.
Various Methods for Cage-free Chicken Farming
Deep littered cage-free farming
- The deep littered cage-free breeding method is to clean the floor of the chicken house, and after thorough disinfection, directly lay a layer of 5-10 cm litter on the floor of the chicken house, bedding can be wood sawdust or grass powder. Chicks live on litter from the time they enter the coop until they are sold. As the age of the chickens increases, the thickness of the litter will decrease and the manure will increase accordingly. At this time, new litter should be added continuously. After the chicks are 2-3 weeks old, litter should be added every 3-5 days. Keep the litter thickness at 15-20 cm. After each batch of chickens is slaughtered, all the manure and litter are removed.
- Main equipment: automatic chicken water line, automatic chicken feeding line, etc.
Plastic slatted floor cage-free farming
- The plastic slatted floor cage-free farming method mainly refers to keeping the chickens off the ground and moving on the mesh made of metal or plastic material for feeding. In this way, a steel bar frame with a height of 60-70 cm from the ground is first laid in the chicken house, and then a layer of elastic plastic slatted floor is laid on the support frame. The chickens move freely on the slatted floor, while the manure falls from the grid onto the automatic manure system tray placed under the slatted floor. The biggest advantage of the plastic slatted floor cage-free farming method is that the chickens do not directly contact the feces, which reduces the occurrence of diseases.
- Main equipment: plastic slatted floor, automatic chicken water line, automatic chicken feed line, automatic egg collection system, etc.
Deep littered combined with plastic slatted floor cage-free farming
- The third method of cageless farming is to combine deep littered cage-free farming with plastic slatted floor farming. Choose to have plastic slatted floor grids on the sides of the house near the windows, and heavy bedding in the rest of the poultry house. The area where the plastic slatted floor is laid is equipped with feeding, drinking, and egg-laying devices so that the chickens can eat, drink, lay eggs and rest on the mesh surface, and carry out activities and mating on the ground. This method combines the advantages of both deep littered house raising and plastic slatted floor raising and is mostly used for breeding chickens.
- Main equipment: plastic slatted floor, automatic chicken water line, automatic chicken feeding line, automatic environment control system, etc.